Posted 4 October, 2018 Position location Atlanta, Georgia
Internship Program Overview
Who is GXG?
GXG helps executives get unstuck on major growth challenges and accelerate change within their organizations. Through our Rapid-Cycle LearningTM method, we intentionally pair-up executives with external experts for facilitated conversations that quickly close gaps in understanding.
Through our work, we are honored to serve the senior-most executives leading progressive and diverse businesses, both nationally and globally. As an intern with GXG, you will be exposed to the megatrends driving today's global economy and have an opportunity to learn from the best and brightest.
What will you learn through a GXG internship?
- Improved communication skills, including presentation to senior executives
- Improved analytical skills and practice summarizing key findings from analysis
- Improved research skills as you investigate the latest trends in the business world and companies succeeding within each trend
- Introduction to corporate branding and marketing, as well as practice pitching a company's value proposition to potential clients
- Introduction to personal branding and experience sharing your personal "elevator pitch"
- Increased experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Improved time management and experience managing multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities
- Enhanced business acumen and understanding of the global business landscape
- Exposure to GXG's unique approach to executive learning, where we connect clients directly to the source of knowledge
What does a GXG internship look like?
GXG strives to make our internship as valuable as possible for our interns! We've recently re-worked the internship structure so interns have exposure to all of our different business units – sales, fulfillment, research, operations, and marketing – as well as an opportunity to work on special projects, based on their interests and current business needs.
We're passionate about this structure because it lets our interns explore a variety of different roles without pigeon- holing them to one function We work with interns during the interview process to align projects to the individual as much as possible! See the second page for sample projects from past interns.
Throughout the internship, interns will also have regular meetings with our CEO, Craig Lemasters, who will share feedback about your performance as well as provide personal coaching
Where will you be working?
As a GXG intern, you will primarily be based in our Atlanta office. Additionally, there may be potential for limited travel to meet with clients in-person.
Who would be a good fit for a GXG internship?
GXG is looking for smart, driven college students interested in extending their education beyond the classroom through a paid internship.
Interested in Applying?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Megan Sweeney at email@example.com. The internship start date and duration are flexible based on the intern's unique circumstances and GXG's business needs at the time of application – please share a preferred start date and duration when you submit your resume.
Past Project Samples
- Partner with the Chief Marketing Officer to research prospective clients and related industry trends, as well as develop proposal documents
- Join proposal review meetings, as appropriate, to see the outcome of your work in action
- Deep dive GXG's web analytics – tell the story of what the data means to GXG
- Based on your findings, make recommendations for future web enhancements to improve our metrics
- Based on a client's identified knowledge gaps, research experts with experience in the identified areas
- Share your findings with the fulfillment team and support outreach and vetting
- Join client connection calls, as appropriate, to see the outcome of your work in action